POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Texture Library plugin : Re: Texture Library plugin Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:26:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Texture Library plugin
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 8 Aug 2003 21:23:25
Message: <MPG.199df9cf9da2704989856@news.povray.org>
In article <3F325217.CC7B3A90@pacbell.net>, tyl### [at] pacbellnet says...

> Patrick wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> > I used Pov-Ray a few years ago when designing furniture pieces. At the
> > time there was a brilliant little plugin that visually showed all the
> > textures in Pov-ray plus a few more. Metal, Stones etc. It was very
> > small and worked perfectly. You could visually browse the
> > textures/finishes and then double click the one you wanted and it would
> > automatically insert the declaration. Unfortunately with non-use and new
> > PC's etc, I have lost it. I wonder if anyone knows what/where it is? For
> > someone who is trying to use Pov-ray for making 3d designs a little more
> > realistic but does not want to get into creating whole new textures it
> > was invaluable. If anyone can help, it would be appreciated.
>
> TextureVeiw?
>
> http://www.friedemann-schmidt.com/software/index.html

Hmm. The plugin won't work on my copy of 3.5 for some odd reason. It will
load POV-Ray and apparently does something.. But there is no rendering,
it just dims the 'Render' button and the after a bit times out or
something and goes back to normal, with no image created for the texture.
Needless to say this kind of defeats the purpose of the program. :p

Does anyone else have this issue?

--
void main () {

    call functional_code()